WE CARE ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND US
- At least 61.7 % of energy comes from renewable sources
- CZK 30 million per year invested in new product development
Sustainable development has one fundamental goal – to meet the needs of today in a way that does not compromise the needs of future generations. This means optimally reconciling economic development, social progress and respect for the environment. Behave responsibly towards people, conserve natural resources and minimise the impact of human activities on the environmen.
- Production efficiency, rational use of raw materials
- Production of quality products, ensuring long product lifetime
- Innovation and product development with regard to the efficient use of raw materials and energy
- Strict criteria for input, output and process controls
- Customized system solutions and product manufacturing
- Responsible use of raw materials and energy resources, reduction of energy consumption
- Waste minimisation, waste sorting
- Internal reprocessing of returnable materials and their reuse in production
- Efforts to minimize environmental impacts, reduce emissions
- Regular audits and certifications
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND CONSTRUCTION
The production of products in accordance with the principles of sustainability is based on our own research and development department.
We use the experience of our specialists and modern instrumentation to successfully meet our sustainability goals. As a result, we are able to develop compounds, design and verify structures and tailor product properties to meet the demands of the end application.
PRODUCTS FOR YOUR FUTURE
Our films and laminates are designed not only to meet the requirements of the relevant standards for physical, mechanical and other properties, but also to be fit for demanding applications with an emphasis on extending the shelf life of food and thus saving food resources.
SEGMENT – BO PET
- Development of new products with an emphasis on recyclability (choosing suitable raw materials for surface treatment, etc.)
- Development of films and laminates for special packaging to increase food shelf life
- Development of special films customised according to customer requirements (developed to order) – coloured, metallised, coated
- Development of products with special properties for specific applications (baking, sterilisation, freezing, barrier packaging films, technical applications)
- We are always searching for green materials – based on bioPET or PEF (polyethylene furanoateWe are looking for opportunities to use ecological (recycled) materials – RPET (recycled material from PET bottles).
MINIMUM WASTE TECHNOLOGY
- The production technology of BO PET films enables the recovery of technological waste from production (clean, returnable material)
- Minimum waste production: most of the process waste (cuttings, etc.) generated during production is shredded, reprocessed and put back into the production process.
- Despite this, Fatra is still looking for new ways to utilise 100% of its internal (process) waste:
- We sell PET agglomerate produced by the processing of internal waste from the production of BO PET films
- Materials that are no longer viable for our production are taken by an external partner for reprocessing and further use.
Environmental protection has long been a major focus of our attention. We have a certified quality system according to ČSN EN ISO 9001:2016 and an environmental management system according to ČSN EN ISO 14001:2016.
We are guided by the principles of the Responsible Care programme, in which, as a member of the Chemical Industry Association of the Czech Republic, we undertake to manage our activities in such a way as to ensure a high level of sustainable development by responsibly improving the safety of our facilities, product transportation, human health and environmental protection. Thanks to our long-term compliance with these criteria, we have been granted the prestigious “Sustainable Development Award“.
Films intended for direct contact with food and foodstuffs comply with the applicable hygiene regulations.
The AEO certificate confirms that our internal processes (security in the areas of logistics, facilities management, customs, IT, HR, sales, purchasing, service provision, access rights, document management, accounting, taxes, etc.) meet the strict criteria set by the European Union and the Customs Administration of the Czech Republic. This certification offers advantages in trading within the European Union, but also in overseas destinations.